(951) 784-9910

(951) 346-3282 fax


4192 Brockton Avenue, Suite #100

Riverside, California 92501



With a will, you can name your beneficiaries, establish guardianship of minor children and appoint an executor. A will is frequently regarded as the first step a person should take when it comes to estate planning; however, depending on your specific financial situation, it may not be all you need. If, for example, you want your possessions to pass to your family members without going through probate, you will most likely want to have a living trust in addition to a will. There are many considerations when it comes to estate planning. We are always available to assist you in the preparation and notarization of all your important documents.



Affidavit of Death

An affidavit of death is a document that verifies the identity of the deceased, and can help make the administrative tasks that follow a person's passing easier for the survivor. Financial institutions, courts and other agencies recognize the affidavit as your promise, under oath, that a person has passed. Perhaps this person was a spouse or partner with whom you held joint property. In many instances, an affidavit of death and a death certificate are all that is required for you to close accounts, receive benefits or take sole ownership of joint property.


Power of Attorney

In California, there are four main forms for granting power of attorney...

Durable: for financial decision making; stays in force even after principal becomes incapacitated.

General: wide financial decision making; it becomes void upon incapacitation of principal, unless it is durable.

Limited: for a single financial task, specific duties or timeframe ; once completed, it becomes void.

Medical: for all medical decision making; it can be limited, general or springing.

California also has forms for guardianship, tax and motor vehicle powers of attorney. You will want to choose someone you trust as your agent. We can assist you in preparing and notarizing all your necessary documents. It is a good idea to decide on a place for safe keeping the paperwork, until it is actually needed. When the time comes, your agent or “attorney-in-fact” should always carry the form with them so that they may fully act on your behalf.


Advance Health Care Directive

The earliest form of advance directive was proposed in 1969 by Luis Kutner to help a person communicate their healthcare desires should they be unable to speak for themselves. Because it goes into effect while the person is still living, it is frequently referred to as a "living will."

Suppose you were seriously injured in an accident, comatose, or suffering from a debilitating illness. When your ability to communicate is compromised, an advance health care directive speaks for you, ensuring that your wishes are carried out by your loved ones and by the medical professionals who care for you. Through an advance healthcare directive you can appoint someone who has power of attorney to make decisions on your behalf, provide detailed written instructions as to your specific wishes, or both.